- The school nestles in the lap of nature on the banks of the Ganga. The school is spread on 20 acres of verdant land. It has two courts for Basketball, three Deco Turf Tennis courts, an equestrian area with three American horses, a Splash Pool for the Tiny Tots and a playground for the students. The Ashish Nehra Cricket academy is also being opened shortly. It also has an open air stage and an auditorium.
- There are well equipped labs for Science, Computer Science, Psychology, Home Science, Languages and Maths. The classes are digitally enabled. Medical facilities, RO water and a canteen serving nutritious food are also available to students and staff.
- As stewards in the preservation of our culture and promotion of education, our aim is to provide maximum exposure to our students. Our incessant efforts are to base all learning experiences on the Four Pillars of Learning i.e. learning to know, learning to do, learning to be and learning to live together and maximise experiential learning so that the learning outcome is achieved.
- An integrated approach is utilised in order to bring relevance to what is taught. Our teachers provide learning experiences which ensure understanding, application and critical thinking. Our activities also involved utilisation of maximum number of senses in keeping with Howard Gardner’s Theory of Multiple Intelligences. Due respect is also given to the individualistic learning styles. The school also promotes inclusive practices.
- Our primary wing believes in experiential learning and hence teaching occurs primarily through activities. These activities develop cognitive, social and psychomotor skills. To bring out the hidden talents in every child, various competitions which develop language skills, reasoning and decision making are held.
Project/Innovation undertaken by the School
- Concept Building Classes after school hours based on student’s performance.
- Contribution towards education of around 500 students of the school at Rath, Hamirpur and Sai Baba School in Panvardi, Mahoba.
- Provision of computers to Sai Baba school in Panvardi, Mahoba.
- Adoption of 9 parks at DPS Gorakhpur and their upkeep thereby caring for the environment and inculcating a civic sense in the students.
- Organising a community service camp during the Indira Marathon annually.
- Providing cloth bags to the Kalpvasis during Magh Mela – to ensure a plastic free zone.
- Celebrating the Festival of lights with orphans by sharing food and donating clothes.
- A special cell which aids in lighting the torch of literacy among the underprivileged children of our attendants.